Silicon Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Cupertino
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 21, 2019
Role Number: 200114988
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior engineers to join our prototyping team.
- Experience in test automation infrastructure development for consumer electronics
- OS test experience, iOS/Android/Windows
- Expertise in at least one scripting language such as Python, Perl, or TCL.
- Desire to develop and execute test plans, and report status
- ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Computer systems, SoC and CPU architecture knowledge
- Knowledge of ASIC design flow, silicon foundry test flow
- Operating system, boot loader, kernel and device driver structure
- Experience using GraphQL, Flask/Django, Splunk, SQL, non-SQL databases
- Troubleshooting development hardware skills
- Algorithms and data structures
- SoC validation, bring up experience
As a member of the Apple SOC Silicon Validation Team you will use your knowledge of SOC/IP design and test automation to find silicon bugs with iOS and other silicon validation workloads on a large population of development boards, silicon validation boards, and prototype Apple products. Leverage automation to run varied hardware stress tests on prototype devices while contributing to test infrastructure development that supports the test creation, execution, and result reporting for silicon validation. Follow up on software and hardware failures using the bug tracking system, supporting requests for information or custom experiments to find root-cause. Build new hardware stress tests by combining, modifying or building new workloads, using your software and chip architecture knowledge.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
Back to top