Silicon Quality and Reliability Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 21, 2020
Role Number: 200201069
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. By joining our team, you will handle SoC/PMU/RF Quality & Reliability and work closely with multi-functional groups and third parties to coordinate introduction of products and ensure product manufacturability and quality with high yields and zero defects in outgoing shipments.
- 15+ years of semiconductor engineering in the Product Reliability or Quality Engineering role
- Validated experience driving problem solving on non-conforming material at semiconductor manufacturing process
- Experience driving suppliers in the areas of Si fab process, packaging, assembly, test, ongoing reliability monitoring, and post-production qualification
- Expertise in silicon product level reliability qualification
- Knowledge of reliability fail modes of packaging technologies and fail mechanisms with respect to reliability
- Experience driving contractors and suppliers to deliver all areas of product qualification
- Experience applying JEDEC quality related standards, ISO, and the science behind them
- Experience auditing of supplier sites, materials and processes
- Experience in running multiple sources
- Strong communication skills required
- Travel is part of this role
• Drive quality excursion during SoC/PMU/RF product & package qualification and manufacturing • Drive investigation and resolution on product and process nonconformance of MRB, RMA events through means of FA, CAR, 8D and reporting • Review/perform yield analysis and correlation analysis for all levels of test including Pareto building, statistics, etc. Driving/guide suppliers for improvement as needed • Review and approve supplier's process flows, specifications, workmanship standards, monitoring supplier performance (process Cpk, yield, qualification report, etc.) • Perform FAI to ensure critical deliverables are reviewed before engineering, pre-production and production release for Product manufacturing • Implement ongoing quality improvement processes working with the suppliers • Review and support PCN or ECN from Foundry/OSAT • Conduct supplier audits You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
BBSEE or MSEE is required.
Back to top