Silicon Design Integration Engineer
- Portland, OR
Posted: Jul 7, 2020
Role Number: 200049223
Does making the next extraordinary technology product excite you? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, our new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to our job and when you are a part of our team there's no telling what you could accomplish. As part of Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a SoC design effort working with all disciplines, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly.
- You will have experience in the following areas:
- - 5+ years of RTL Logic Design experience of multi-million gate ASICs
- - Prior experience or knowledge within one or more Southbridge technologies (PCI Express, USB, NAND Flash, Audio, Security, Encryption/Decryption, SATA, SDIO, xSPI, UART, and/or Ethernet) required
- - Familiarity for all aspects of the chip development process with proficiency in using front end design entry and analysis tools
- - Writing specifications and converting them to design
- - Timing closure on logic designs
- - Bring up and lab debug of FPGAs and silicon
- - Experience with front end QA methodologies like Lint checking, LEQ, Synthesis, Static Timing Analysis (including analysis of setup and hold with clock tree delay, clock skew, clock gating)
- - Designing high performance, low power ASICs/SOCs from scratch, a plus
- - Understanding of various DMA architectures, a plus.
As a South-bridge IO, PCI Express, USB, or Security SoC Integration engineer joining our design integration team, the candidate will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of SoC design and chip bring up: - You will partner with the SoC Design, SoC Design Verification, System Verification, Firmware, Emulation, STA, and Physical Design teams to deliver a working South-bridge subsystem within the SoC. - Developing micro-architecture and design specifications. - Implementing and verifying complex logic designs. - Hands-on verification and validation on emulation platforms running with the SW driver. - Working with designers on STA, physical, power and logical issues.
Education & Experience
BSEE required / MSEE is desired
Back to top