Signal Integrity - RF Integrity Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Oct 22, 2020
Role Number: 200201438
Do you like to work on groundbreaking technologies that enable amazing new products? Do you have the attention for details and love for perfection to work towards an extraordinary result? We are looking for a hardworking and passionate RF Integrity Engineer for Apple's IC Packaging team. As an RFI (RF Integrity) Engineer, you will engage with cross-disciplinary teams to develop SOCs that will be used in Apple's mobile devices. You are specifically responsible for developing methodology to solve very complex coupling issues, mitigating multi-radio coexistence problems at IC, package/module, and systems. You will also design critical RF components as part of novel integration topologies. Prior RF circuit design and EM modeling experience is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of mobile product EMI and desense problems.
- 5+ years of working experience in RF design beyond graduate school studies.
- Strong fundamentals in 3D/2D EM simulation tools and transmission line theory.
- We are looking for someone with 3+ years of working experience in RFIC or RF circuit beyond graduate school studies.
- Working knowledge of mobile product crosstalk and desense problems.
- Design high performance RF FEM components, such as filter/multiplexer, in various process technologies.
- Strong fundamentals in 3D/2D EM simulation tools for optimizing high frequency filters and transitions.
- Hands on experience with RF circuits and hardware on the lab bench. Experience with RF lab equipment, such as VNA, real-time scope, spectrum analyzer.
- Strong academic training and knowledge on fundamentals of SI and PI issues is a plus
- Deep understanding on wireless transceiver designs, architecture, and integration is preferred.
- Familiar with RF impairment from block to transceiver level, including amplifier, filter and PLL, as well as knowledge on communication theory. Basic understanding for QAM, OFDM, MIMO, etc is a plus.
RF circuit design and validation at IC, package/module, or board level. Work on RF FEM passive device development with target to work towards high volume production. EM modeling/simulations of EMI issues in silicon, packages/modules, and boards.Work with package, system, and product engineering teams to debug and improve desense and EMI performance. Develop and execute test plans in lab to validate coupling, desense and emission, as well as their impact on system performance.
Education & Experience
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, Ph.D. is preferred.
Back to top