Sensors Prototype Engineer - SPG
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 28, 2020
Role Number: 200130249
Special Project Group is looking for a hands-on prototyping engineer with a wide range of experiences in SW/FW implementation, algorithms implementation/optimization, and automation. In this role, you will add value to the design and bring up of new sensor prototypes. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable services, we may be the team for you!
- 2+ years of developing, debugging, and integrating SW for prototyping platforms, from on-device FW, to driver level, to simple user interfaces
- Programming languages: Python, C or C++, Verily or VHDL, Matlab
- Experience in high-speed communication interfaces (a subset of these): Ethernet, PCIe, DisplayPort, LVDS, MIPI, CoaXPress, CameraLink, Thunderbolt
- Prior experience with sensors is a plus: optical sensing, radio frequency sensing, image processing, image sensor architecture, or machine vision.
- Familiarity with following libraries/frameworks are dseired: CUDA (or equivalent GPU programming API), EIGEN (or equivalent Linear Algebra Library), OpenCV (or equivalent Image Processing Library)
- Solid communication skills and collaboration in team environments
- - Master's degree, or Bachelors with 2 years experience, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Develop and debug software and/or firmware for proof of concepts and early prototypes. - Architect, implement, and optimize data flows through high-bandwidth serial and parallel communications links implemented in FPGAs and a mix of off-the-shelf and custom hardware. - Implement custom proprietary protocols in FPGAs to talk to other devices. - Implement and optimize signal processing algorithms for these prototypes. - Develop instrumentation and automation setups to aid the characterization and calibration of these prototypes. - Assist in transitioning these prototypes to production. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Education & Experience
Back to top