Sensor Design Engineer - Camera Hardware
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 29, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200145809
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. In this role, you will be at the center of image sensor design effort, with a critical impact on camera design.
- You will have at least three years of digital design experience with image sensors and cameras.
- Familiar with silicon design methodologies and tool flows. Hands on experience with silicon bringup, characterization and debug desirable.
- Knowledgeable enough in aspects of sensor usage to productively work with and support the camera team.
- Familiar with image sensor performance metrics, image sensor usage, and integration into camera systems. Ideally, will also have knowledge of the general industry trends and technical challenges.
- Experience beyond image sensors in ALS, Proximity, MEMS and other sensors is a plus.
Author requirements documents for sensors, working with vendors and internal customers to translate product requirements into sensor specifications. Work with vendors to design novel sensor control and data processing schemes to meet feature requirements. Trade off sensor specific issues against system limitations. Participate in system integration tasks with the ISP, hardware, firmware, and software teams. Evaluate next +1 gen sensor tech and work with internal teams to see if they make sense and are worthy of development. Present at meetings on sensor capabilities.
Education & Experience
BS required. MS or PhD preferred.
Back to top