Sensor Calibration Engineer - SPG
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 8, 2020
Role Number: 200169099
One of Apple's R&D groups is currently seeking an algorithm development engineer to support sensor calibration. Responsible for developing new (experimental) processes and prototyping/evaluating the calibration algorithms that will be scaled by the implementation team. Delivers prototype code, documentation, and golden dataset with expected results. Responsible for interfacing with test equipment, test software automation and analysis of results. This position will require the individual to understand industry best practices, develop novel characterization and modeling techniques, as well as support transition to implementation teams. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- Background in computer vision, robotics or optics (camera models).
- Numerical methods and optimization such as LS, NLLS, batch optimization, bundle adjustment
- Experience transitioning R&D algorithms into production systems.
- Understanding of stochastics, statistics & random processes
- Linear algebra, 3D data manipulation, geometry
- Ability to perform software development for test equipment and data analysis.
- Expert in scientific computing / analysis languages such as Matlab/Python
- Proficient in C/C++ development.
- Experience working with source control tools (git)
In this role you will work with sensor hardware engineering and our data product consumers from the algorithms teams to develop calibration performance requirements. You will create descriptive models for sensor intrinsic and extrinsic for cameras, depth sensors, IMUs, and other sensors projects! You will develop novel techniques to calibrate these sensors and prototype scalable factory production systems. Your hard work in calibration will define the sensing performance critical to the success of the team. It would be great to have experience: - Standing up a novel calibration process from first principals to production - Factory production techniques (GRR, V&V, line optimization) - Fundamental understanding of robotics and typical sensor data consumers Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in significant ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace
Education & Experience
- Degrees in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Optics, or Robotics - M.S. in Engineering + minimum of 5 years of industry experience - PHd. in Engineering + minimum of 3 years of industry experience
Back to top