Sense Hardware Architecture Engineer - SPG
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 11, 2020
Role Number: 200180645
The Special Project Group at Apple is currently looking for an exceptional candidate for a sense hardware architecture engineer. As a successful applicant the you will be responsible for developing and evaluating sensing hardware architecture for autonomous systems via simulation, testing and analysis. You will work cross functionally with domains experts in sensor hardware, signal processing implementation, autonomy algorithms, systems engineering, and safety to perform system level trade-offs and provide robust assessments of architectural options. You must possess hands-on experience in sensor system modeling, data analysis, and software module development. A strong knowledge in physics of sensors, systems analysis, and algorithm development is also needed. Prior experience in full product lifecycle is highly desired. You must feel passionate about developing complex systems with multi-disciplinary teams and delivering within timelines.
- M.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in developing system architecture, sensor systems analysis, modeling and testing.
- Exceptional HW/SW problem solving skills.
- Very good SW development skills as the position requires proficiency in C/C++ and Python or MATLAB programing.
- Strong algorithm prototyping and development experience.
- Good understanding of optical and/or RF sensors and signal processing fundamentals.
- Large scale data analysis and knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Must have experience in developing and shipping products
- Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Conduct assessments of optical sensing systems in order to meet an array of use cases - Perform simulations to generate system and module level requirements for cameras, optical depth sensors, and RF systems - Architect, develop and prototype practical and implementable algorithms and solutions - Lead brainstorming as needed with sensor systems engineer, module developers and data consumers (autonomous algorithms team). - Advise on the trades between different sensor hardware, software and autonomy algorithms. - Perform large scale data analysis and generate validation metrics - Deliver executive level presentations. Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in significant ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace
Education & Experience
Back to top