Senior Wireless Modem Architect - Cellular
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Feb 27, 2020
Role Number: 200152485
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what's considered feasible? As part of our modem development team, you'll architect sophisticated leading-edge wireless modems that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You'll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you'll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you'll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Do you want to have an impact on every single Apple product? As a Modem Architect on this team, you will be responsible for architecting state of the art wireless communication systems including modem physical layer and packet processing sub-systems. This position requires someone comfortable with HW architecture definition including HW-SW partitioning and optimization of design for performance, power and area, that thrives in a dynamic multi-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
- In this technical role, you will be steering modem system architecture as part of a modem development group responsible for state-of-the-art wireless products.
- Architecture definition for implementation of state-of-the-art physical layer wireless communication system algorithms and packet processing algorithms for very high data rate applications.
- Architecture definition - analysis of requirements, HW-SW split, analysis of power/performance/area tradeoffs, performance simulations
- Power and clock control architecture definition
- Work with digital designers to realize the architecture with power and area efficient digital implementations.
- Test and characterize real silicon in lab.
In-depth knowledge of wireless communication systems (OFDM/MIMO PHY, 4G/5G Packet Data Processing) Experience in wireless design of 3GPP compliant modems, especially in GSM and UMTS desired Exposure with modem architecture, microprocessor architecture, HW control Led architecture definition for a major sub-system in a wireless cellular modem Experience in architecting SoC clock and power management sub-systems - designing DVFS, selection of PLL's and LDO's, designing sequencers, regulators, etc. Experience in architecting fabric and interconnect/NOC for SoC or sub-systems Hands-on experience with Python and/or C/C++ for system modeling and performance simulations. Sound knowledge on High Level Synthesis (HLS) will be a plus Bring up real silicon in lab, be able to efficiently use lab equipment (such as spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc.).
Education & Experience
MS with 10+years of experience or Ph.D. with 7+ years of experience.
Back to top