Senior Vision Scientist
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 1, 2020
Role Number: 200086584
At Apple, we strive to achieve surprise and delight for every one of our millions of customers around the world. The Technology Development Group is currently looking for a vision scientist who is passionate about self-motion perception challenges.You will have a strong research background and have made original contributions to basic science through a combination of experimental and computational approaches. You thrive in designing clever experiments and carrying out deep quantitative analysis of complex datasets, with a demonstrated knack for pulling out novel insights. We are looking for a great teammate with excellent interpersonal skills, and who has a dedication to conducting impactful research in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep expertise of the primary visual pathway
- Experience with visual self-motion perception and optic flow
- Experience with visually induced motion sickness
- Knowledge of computer vision algorithms.
- 5+ years designing experiments to investigate behavioral and neural correlates of visual self-motion perception using human or animal models.
- Fluent in statistical and signal processing.
This is a multi-faceted investigator role that will require you to be versatile across a variety of tasks in a highly collaborative environment. You will work closely with scientists and engineers to rapidly design and carry out experiments to uncover insights that drive technology development. You will have the following responsibilities: Design and execute user studies to investigate a variety of perceptual questions Carry out quantitative analysis of raw data to pull out meaningful and actionable insights from complex multimodal signals Work cross-functionally with other team members to translate these insights into transformative prototypes and demonstrations Conduct vision science literature reviews Present your findings to cross-functional partners and stakeholders
Education & Experience
Doctorate in Vision Science, Cognitive Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, or related expertise. 5+ years postdoctoral experience, Industry research experience a plus.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Hardware and software experience with multimodal data acquisition, instrumentation, and human-machine interfaces is a plus.
- Fluent in numerical computing and proficient in various programming languages (e.g., C/C++, Python or Matlab).
- Ability to embrace uncertainty when working on challenging research questions.
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking.
Back to top