Senior Tools and Automation Engineer
Posted: Feb 11, 2019
Role Number: 200035659
As an engineer in the Special Projects Group, you will be part of a team building infrastructure and tools for exciting new technologies. We build product tools that enable control and testing of new hardware, tools for enhancing developer workflows, and automation pipelines for product development. You will work in a startup-like environment where products are still being defined and developed, giving you the chance to influence some of the core tools used by the project. You will be part of every stage of development from concept to deployment. If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable services, we may be the team for you!
- Excellent C/C++ and Python programming skills.
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Good understanding of macOS/Linux system development.
- Experience with building automation tools for hardware test/verification.
- Comfortable working with hardware.
- Objective-C/Swift application development is a plus.
- Experience with embedded systems is a plus.
• Build and maintain tools for interacting with hardware and visualizing data outputs. • Create cross platform (macOS and Linux) CLIs and UIs. • Engage with core operating system developers to build automation and simplify developer workflows. • Develop a deep understanding of the product to enable rapid development of product tooling. • Understand product requirements, engage with team members and customers to define solutions, and estimate the scope of work required • Collaborate with, mentor, and influence members within your team and across other teams at Apple. • Deliver solutions that can keep up with a rapidly evolving product in a timely fashion We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education & Experience
Back to top