Senior Software Quality Engineer - Storage
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 10, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200189541
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for delivering high quality products? The Core Operating Systems group ensures the OS is inseparable from each device's identity as a whole. That's because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. The Storage System Quality Engineering team within Apple's Core OS organization is looking to hire a Senior Flash Software Quality Engineer. Quality is a critically important aspect of our products, and as a Flash Software QA Engineer you will have a significant impact on helping to deliver reliable and highly performant products to millions of customers by working on Apple's exciting new products. In this role, you will be learning new technologies and contributing to numerous test framework/tools.
- Self learner, excellent communication skills and ability to deliver work on tight deadline.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- 5+ years of QA experience and experience with hardware and/or software development lifecycle processes.
- Possess a deep understanding of software quality(SQA) methodologies and practices.
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs, solving complex problems & triaging issues.
- Experience or keen interest in storage testing or NAND technologies is a huge plus.
- Experience in data visualization tools like Splunk or Tableau or similar experience is desired but not a must.
Create & maintain automated tests and framework to enable comprehensive testing of flash storage technologies. Analyze automation test results for failures, identify issue trends, and quantify impact with focus on customer experience. Strong bug reporting skills and communicate clearly with management and cross functional teams. Understand how file systems and storage are linked together and help focus on integration testing. Actively involved in team code reviews, design and test discussions. Setup automation racks as and when needed.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience/skills
Back to top