Senior Software Engineer, Post-Production Engineering
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 27, 2021
Role Number: 200195909
Marcom is Apple's Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple's advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The Senior Software Engineer, Post-Production Engineering is part of the Special Ops team in the Technical Production Services group. We support Marcom video producers, creatives, and production teams by developing apps that enhance and support our video production efforts. We're looking for someone broadly experienced in software engineering and capable of using a variety of coding languages to achieve the desired objectives. Expertise in Swift/Objective-C are required. It would be a significant plus if you have experience and/or familiarity with digital video and post-production, signal processing, video codecs, compression, and transcoding technologies. However, if you simply have a passion and desire to learn these technologies, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. Do you have extensive experience with Apple hardware and software? Do you possess strong experience working with modern consumer and professional video formats and workflows? We're growing and encourage you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support to the team.
- At least 7 years of software development experience with Swift &/or Objective-C
- Advanced experience rapidly developing tools and apps
- Excellent experience creating workflow automation tools and APIs
- Strong hands-on experience debugging and analyzing crashes or core dumps
- Extensive knowledge of streaming technologies and deliverable specs
- Knowledge of digital video files across modern formats
- Networking and troubleshooting experience
- Demonstrated track record of fulfilling commitments and fostering mutual trust with fellow team members
- Experience in additional languages such as Python, C++, and/or modern web technologies is helpful, but not required.
As a member of the Technical Production Services group, you will play a critical role in helping the production team build marketing and training content for Apple's released and unreleased products. You will provide video engineering expertise for creatives, producers, and technical support teams throughout the production lifecycle. - Develop and implement tools to optimize production workflows and QC process - Anticipate, mitigate, and solve technical video production issues through code and development - Research and test the latest in video technologies, including 4K, HLS, HDR-10, Dolby Vision, MPEG2/4, H264/H265, HEVC - Work with internal and external teams to validate and troubleshoot delivery methods - Solve signal processing and technical video production issues - Work closely with our Video Ingest, DIT, Photo Ingest, and Technical Device Management, Compression and Accessibility teams to identify and implement solutions that optimize their workflows - Help producers with technical challenges specific to video production
Education & Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience preferred, plus approximately 7 years working in a software development role, preferably using Swift/Objective-C.
Back to top