SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - MAPS NAVIGATION FRAMEWORK TEAM
Posted: Dec 6, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200066467
Have you taken time to think about where you are going or where you have been? Apple Maps provides an incredible sense of direction. Join our team and help millions of developers bring to bear amazing solutions based on our incredible location data. Our team is seeking a software developer with proven engineering skills to help create and innovate the next generation Maps experience on iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS while overseeing and mentoring junior engineers.
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Proven experience with engineering concepts such as concurrency, threading, memory management, embedded software constraints, and performance analysis
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
- Experience with version-control software (for example: GIT/CVS/Perforce)
- You have previously shipped code into production
Do you want to help shape the future of Mapping Frameworks for Apple? Are you looking to contribute to the foundation at the core of the positioning-based experiences found on iPhone, iPad, WATCH, and TV? As a client engineer working on our Navigation team, your primary responsibility will be to continue to build and open up the boundaries of our navigation experience. For instance, our team developed the framework which drove the real-time transit feature that empowers Global Maps. You'll be working closely with the Maps Client & Server teams along with many other experts at Apple to innovate and produce an exclusive guidance experience. To meet these demands, you'll leverage your system-level knowledge to create beautiful architectures. Maps frameworks are supported on multiple platforms (iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS), so understanding and developing shared codebases between different operating systems is a plus. As a member of our team, your daily activities may include: Partnering with other Apple teams to iterate, innovate, and investigate new ways of presenting data to our external App developer community Using your expert knowledge of systems and frameworks to ensure our system is scalable and useable for many different platforms. Mentoring other team members related to system-level standard methodologies such as memory management, object-oriented design, and production level code. Demonstrating your current programming knowledge to create, write and oversee clean, concise, and accurate Objective-C based code.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- While not necessary, the following skills would be helpful:
- Native development on Apple ecosystems
- Past experience building frameworks and/or systems
Back to top