Senior Software Engineer, Maps Data Team
Posted: Aug 16, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200074190
A job at Apple is unlike any other you've had. You'll be challenged. You'll be inspired. And you'll be proud. The Maps team is developing tools to analyze, visualize, process, manage and curate data at large scale and to make best map of the world. We are looking for great engineers who can be part of the team building a massive, scalable, distributed system for enabling the maps data platform & be part of that journey. Your work at Maps team is going to impact daily lives of millions of Apple map users.
- 8+ years of software development experience building, maintaining, and improving software/big data applications
- Expertise with object oriented programming language like Java, Scala or similar languages
- Experience implementing/using RESTful web-services in Java, Scala or similar languages
- Hands-on experience on Hadoop, Spark & big data stack
- Experience in information retrieval, applied machine learning
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL databases
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Important qualities we are looking for are - growth mindset, passion & team player
Apple Maps is searching for a innovative and passionate professional to join our Basemap Data Engineering Team. You will be building data pipelines, data tools leveraging rule based systems, machine learning algorithms to scale maintenance of Maps data. Key challenges include coming up with new ideas and taking them from ideation to completion to drive impactful changes in Apple maps that you can be proud of.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- - Familiarity with GeoSpatial concepts is a plus
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top