Senior Software Engineer -Location Services Special Projects
Posted: Jan 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200056307
As a Senior Software Engineer pursuing special projects within the Location Team, you will be part of an elite group investigating new technologies and how they can transform the lives of our users. We nurture new ideas from prototype to production, helping to establish hardware requirements and system design, conduct developmental testing, write production software, and track our results relative to physical and theoretical limits. Shape the next generation of location-aware mobile experiences by working on state-of-the-art technologies to seamlessly integrate people's digital and physical lives. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may be the team for you.
- Strong software generalist and experience with object oriented languages (C++, Objective-C)
- Deep understanding of software design paradigms, and software development best practices
- Ability to architect and implement software for technology evaluation, prototyping, and production
- Strong interest in location and/or RF-related technologies
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to design and debug complex systems
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- A passion for programming and building things
- Experience with data analysis and results dashboards a plus
- iOS, OS X, application, and/or unix system development a plus
- Familiarity with basic signal processing techniques a plus
Join a team which designs, implements, and powers brand new technologies and services on the world's fastest-growing mobile development platform. We are looking for a highly-motivated and creative Senior Software Engineer with a strong background in Computer Science to help develop new technologies for special projects on the location services team. Our special projects target innovative new signals and technologies to enhance location-aware user experiences. Architect and implement production software systems for new technologies, fusing them with existing capabilities, and bringing new experiences to our users. Collaborate with developers on other iOS teams to architect the full iOS solution. Design and implement full-stack technologies integrating wireless technologies to solve real-world problems. Participate in brainstorming and evaluating new technologies as iOS continues to evolve.
Education & Experience
Minimum requirements: MS or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field or at least 6 ye
- Interested in creating new technologies and solving the algorithmic challenges that come with it.
- Passion for actively learning new skills, techniques, and programming languages/libraries/frameworks.
- Desire to be exposed to all aspects of development; prototyping, planning, designing, productizing, launching, and scaling.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and communicate effectively.
- Creative and inquisitive, seeking to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.
Back to top