Senior Software Engineer - Apple Online Store Engineering
- Austin, TX
Posted: Aug 26, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200151421
The Apple Online Store is looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial senior software engineer to join the Apple Online Store Engineering team. You will deliver projects aimed at improving the hugely successful Apple Online Store. Apple Online Store is the Apple Inc's global e-commerce platform present in 39+ countries with 25+ payment methods and a rich feature set. You must enjoy rolling up the sleeves and collaborating on a multidisciplinary team and be passionate to explore cutting edge technologies.
- Programming in Java, Scala or other object oriented programming language with deep understanding of object oriented concepts and experience in Spring or other DI frameworks
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, multi-threaded and reliable customer focussed web applications
- Knowledge and experience of service-oriented architectures
- 5 - 10 years overall Software Engineer/Developer experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in application security
- Expert knowledge of computer science, with in-depth understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Strong leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and best engineering practices
- Experience with high traffic eCommerce applications, or online merchandising web sites
- Solid understanding of software development methods and processes including Waterfall and Agile development practices
- Excellent interpersonal and documentation skills
We are looking for a self starting, upbeat individual with excellent written and communication skills, who is a great teammate, but not afraid to question assumptions and take initiative. As part of the AOS Applications Engineering team, your responsibilities include building high throughput, high performance, reliable, server-side web application architecture and features in SOA design working closely with other services engineering team, UI engineering team and interacting with product, design, content, QA and many other groups to lead and deliver world class e-commerce experience from merchandising to checkout on all platforms (Web, MOW and Native iOS) in an exciting fast-paced environment. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Management is required. MS degree or equivalent
Back to top