Posted: May 21, 2021
Role Number: 200200130
Are you interested in building products used by more than a billion people? What happens when the world's most innovative engineers collaborate with the world's most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. In the TV App Services Teams at Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Meet the re-inventors: The Apple TV Services teams built and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch sports, and so much more. Today, these teams also handle one exciting realm at Apple: They bring viewers the sport experience to access NBA, NFL, MLB and much more games. And they've engineered it so sports can be enjoyed on Apple devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to efficiently ingest, process and display sport data. They also integrate at the OS level to build the best user experiences with the Siri ecosystem. This group is seeking a talented Back End Engineer to help design and develop new experiences for our customers. Join them to see what else is possible!
- 6+ years experience as a Java backend developer, on a scalable microservice architecture.
- Solid understanding of concurrency control, data structures, algorithms; and distributed system architectures such as ZooKeeper and Kafka.
- Experience with different data stores such as Cassandra and Redis.
- Familiarity with batch processing and analysis technologies, such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Self driven, communicative, and fun to work with.
- Sports enthusiast!
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field