Senior RFIC Design Engineer
Posted: Jul 30, 2019
Role Number: 200047790
Would you like to join Apple's growing cellular wireless design team? Do you thrive on pushing the simulation and modeling limits of highly complex RF cellular transceivers SOC in advanced technology nodes? Our team is responsible for all aspects of cellular silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated and efficient designs and technologies that transform the user experience at the product level. This highly visible role puts you at the center of a silicon design group with a critical impact on getting functional products to hundreds of millions of customers quickly. Want to join us? Positions are available for multiple experience levels.
- Direct experience designing and bringing into mass production RF transceivers in deep sub-micron RF CMOS technology. This includes design of on-chip LNAs and PAs as well as calibration methods associated with such high performance wireless systems and ZIF designs. Experience should also include understanding of DFT and DFM techniques for mass production environment.
- Deep understanding of RF CMOS implementation fundamentals, and basic building blocks, including LNAs, mixers, VCOs and DCOs, LO and PAs.
- Deep understanding in RF device modeling, including device noise parameters and inductor modeling. Insights into packaging effects, supply isolations, high frequency ESD structures, and circuit layout for optimum RF performance.
- Deep understanding of device noise, mismatch, linearity, and other analog impairments.
- Strong knowledge of desense and able to work closely with board RF/HW/Antenna teams to optimize board layouts for desense mitigation. Experience with desense mitigation with integrated PMUs/DSPs (i.e. substrate isolation, return loops, package isolation, frequency planning, etc).
- Familiarity with mixed signal mode verification methodology.
- Solid experience in Si characterization and debug.
- Ability to drive strong production test/QA methodologies.
- Experience in IP sourcing and management.
As a senior RF IC design engineer, you will design building blocks and sub-systems for next generation wireless chips. Responsibilities include: - Work with platform architects, system and digital design groups to define the requirements for RF and baseband blocks based on the system requirement. - Work with technology team on process selection for the target device. - Transistor-level feasibility studies of RF/mixed-signal circuit blocks and architectures. - Design various component blocks inside radio including RF front-ends, baseband filters/VGAs, LO/PLL circuits, data converters, and power management circuits. - Provide guidance on RF analog issues across Apple.
Education & Experience
BSEE is required. MSEE/PhD is preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top