Senior Program Manager, Subscriptions - App Store
- Seattle, WA
Posted: Jul 14, 2021
Role Number: 200187161
When this team introduced the App Store, it launched a cultural and economic phenomenon that changed the way people live, work, and play. These engineers and dedicated Program Managers continue to innovate the platform, now home to over 1.5 million apps - each created using the team's own software development kit and related services. All those apps mean the store takes billions of requests from more than 500 million visitors every week, across iOS, macOS, tvOS, iPadOS, and watchOS. To deliver such a rich experience at this scale, Program Managers partner with the engineers to build high-performance systems backed up by persistent systemwide A/B testing. And to help people discover apps they love, the team uses machine learning techniques that include natural language processing to develop new algorithms for personalization, search, and recommender systems. In a world where apps have become essential in people's daily lives, the App Store team has become essential to Apple's business.
- Experienced consumer focused product and program manager to build and manage some of the best Subscription products, features and experiences for end users
- Define the long-term product visions and goal in partnership with cross functional teams, aligned with product area goals. Deliver and plan multi-year business plan, product strategies, new business cases
- Collaboratively work with product, design, engineering to lead product and feature planning including helping guide decisions, facilitating discussions and managing cross team alignment. Facilitate discussions with product, eng, and other team to help provide decision making guidelines and framework
- Provide product and feature recommendations, based on analysis, experience, and judgment. Communicate findings to leadership and influence the organization to act on these findings.
- Effectively manage through ambiguity to work out actionable solutions with cross functional teams.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail
- Track record of operating autonomously and being self driven with a strong and focused drive for excellence
- 10+ years of engineering program/product management experience in shipping consumer software products and services globally. Experience in Subscription service a plus
You will play a pivotal role in growing our ecosystem of services, subscribers and developers. You will be responsible in successfully charting the course of many new products from ideation, through design, development and launch. You will launch products and features that change the lives of millions and will be part of a team that drives subscriber and revenue growth for Apple's products and services in the App Store, and via Apple Music, iCloud, News+, TV+, Fitness+, Apple One to name a few. You will also manage new promotions, partnerships, have an opportunity to work on new hardware devices and participate in launching features showcased in WWDC. In your role, you will be responsible for planning your product roadmap, working with the world's best engineering teams to deliver world leading products, and launching new services at a planet scale. This role will focus on building subscriptions features for global rollout. A successful person in this role will be a strong engineering program manager, problem solver, with the ability to shift between strategic, project management and execution tasks. You build strong expertise in your core area and you lead by influence. You enjoy collaborating with multiple cross functional teams both within and outside your org to build awesome products. You enjoy building end to end features, from front end user experience to back end systems integration including analytics
Education & Experience
BS/BA Degree and/or MBA preferred
Back to top