Senior Program Manager - App Store
Posted: Oct 29, 2019
Role Number: 200003546
The App Store is an exciting environment and a dynamic development organization. With over 2 million apps used by customers in over 155 countries, we are a thriving and ever-evolving marketplace. We're looking for an excellent Senior Program Manager to drive developer-impacting features across our ecosystem with a solid track record shipping complex, large-scale systems under demanding timelines. Dynamic hands-on position including eliciting and authoring requirements, leading technical design discussions, and collaborating closely with engineering, operations, and quality assurance leads. This is not a task-based job; you will be directly responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. You have strong fundamentals but you have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the products you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you handle conflict; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire project team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're forward-thinking and strategic; and you are ready to ship features that benefit the entire iOS developer community.
- 8+ years of technical program and/or project management experience involving complex server/client interactions
- Experience with iOS mobile app development
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive.
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- Self-motivated and focused
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize multiple project, feature and enhancement requests
- Solid track record successfully authoring technical specs
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, schedules and replans; progress and status meetings)
Drive and ship all aspects of large, cross-functional projects. Lead concurrent initiatives by defining scope, authoring requirements, verifying resource allocation across the technology stack, identifying and mitigating risks, and establishing concise and thorough project timelines. Work in close collaboration with other App Store teams and other Apple groups (e.g. Client, Hardware) to ensure successful delivery of critical developer-facing features. This is a full time position, located at our Cupertino, California headquarters.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent required; CS degree preferred
Back to top