Senior Product Manager Lead - Cloud Technologies
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200140164
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Cloud Technologies is is centralized Technology org building the multi cloud platform with core platform services and managed services required for public cloud development, deployment and wide-scale adoption. Apple is seeking a Senior Product Manager to work closely with internal customer teams across Apple to understand product needs, and collaborate with engineering teams to drive the product roadmap for a secure, scalable and automated cloud platform. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of public cloud platforms, cloud computing, cloud security and networking concepts and is able to identify, explain, and call attention to potential challenges. The successful candidate should have experience working with public cloud technologies in a large enterprise environment. We are building a multi-cloud platform to satisfy Apple's needs.
- Working knowledge of public cloud technologies (AWS/GCP/others) and awareness of current service offerings.
- Adequate awareness of networking principles, compliance and security issues related to the cloud.
- Able to identify and explain challenges to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience communicating engineering technical challenges that may affect business timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to influence and build consensus in a collaborative way.
- Takes the initiative to research and suggest possible solutions and/or identify new opportunities.
- Comfortable dealing with competing priorities spread across multiple customers 5+ years product management experience in a large enterprise cloud environment.
- Excellent project management skills and experience working in a rapid environment with shifting priorities.
We are building out the Product Function in the Cloud Tech org. As an individual contributor, you will help shape and establish the identify of Product Manager with Apple Cloud Technologies. This person will have control to define the process and function as well as help grow the product management team and eventually managing/leading the team. Responsibilities Engage with customers to understand product requirements and desired timelines. Own the product roadmap, manage shifting priorities and set expectations with relevant stakeholders. Manage a long term roadmap and drive more detailed short term roadmap. Collaborate with the engineering team to prioritize features and determine the best technical implementation methods. Identify and prioritize cloud features based on value to app teams and cost to build and deploy. Partner with engineering project managers to build and deploy cloud product features. Prepare and communicate status updates to senior executives. Collaborate with various organizations across Apple. Obtain product feature feedback from the app teams and refine/optimize features to maximize value. Keep apprised of new technologies, services and identify opportunities to automate, simplify, and enhance the existing platform.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science or related field with 8+ years or equivalent experience. Project Management and Cloud certification are a plus
Back to top