Senior Product Designer, Accessibility & Inclusive Design
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 26, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200140640
At Apple, we believe that accessibility is a fundamental human right. We are seeking an experienced designer to help apply this value to our media products and services. The ideal candidate will have a passion for applying Universal Design principles to create elegant, empowering products that anyone can use, and training fellow designers to do the same. The position requires deliverables to be provided under tight deadlines. Strong training and communication skills are a must, as well as coolness under pressure, problem solving, attention to detail, and the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change. Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who understands Apple's high standards and design aesthetic to the core.
- Experience that demonstrates you could apply Universal Design principles to software and services, while maintaining Apple's design aesthetic and interaction patterns.
- A portfolio of work that showcases excellence in interaction design, visual design, and problem solving.
- Strong writing skills, including writing alt text and VoiceOver labels.
- Outstanding ability to advocate for Universal Design to designers, engineers, product managers, and executives through writing, visuals, and training.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- 3+ years of design experience with a focus on Mobile, Web, and TV interfaces.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and designs through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, and prototypes.
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Photoshop, Keynote, and similar tools.
- Experience designing for accessibility features like Dynamic Type and VoiceOver.
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project.
- A passion for Apple, our products, and our customers is a must.
Responsibilities of this position also include: creating detailed interaction and pixel specs; building or assisting with prototypes; helping develop a long term product roadmap; conducting user and industry research; creating and documenting Universal Design guidelines; auditing new design work and software throughout the development process.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Design, or equivalent experience.
Back to top