Senior Microservices Software Engineer, Apple News
Posted: May 14, 2019
Role Number: 200060535
Join the Apple News team at Apple and help us create a great user experience around news that delight millions of customers every day! As a Microservice Software Engineer, you will be helping the team to build microservices and improve the content ingestion pipeline.
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting services in Java and Spring
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as Cassandra and Solr
- Experience with message or event driven architectures (such as RabbitMQ or Kafka)
- Experience with test driven development
- Familiarity with git, Jenkins, CI/CD
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team on high profile, critical projects
We are looking for an engineer with experience building mission-critical, high performance microservices. The news never stops and neither can our system. We handle more than 10,000 article updates per hour with low latency and high reliability, analyze a stream of 5,000 real time events per second, and scale up seamlessly for those extra exciting news days. We are a close-knit, highly collaborative cross-functional team of engineers who bring their best throughout the product lifecycle. We want team members with hands-on experience building and improving Java microservices who thrive on improving the design and architecture of a large scale system.
Education & Experience
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top