Posted: Nov 18, 2021
Role Number: 200193198
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you'll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to cutting-edge and often unexplored aspects of the law. Apple is looking for an experienced technology transactions attorney to join our Product Legal group. This is a chance to be part of a hands-on team, dedicated to supporting Identity initiatives for the Apple Pay and Wallet team.
- 7+ years of legal experience advising on digital identity solutions, mobile wallets, and other related technology
- Strong writing and contract drafting skills, adept at putting together and negotiating a wide variety of commercial and technology agreements
- Creative problem-solver who can drive transactions and analyze and help resolve complex issues in innovative and practical ways
- Excellent communicator who is able to articulate complex and nuanced legal issues clearly and concisely to frontline business and engineering teams and senior executives alike
- Ability to learn quickly and support new areas of regulation and technology
- Self-starter who likes technology and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience working in a regulated environment or with governmental entities a plus
- Expertise in payments or fintech a plus
- In-house experience preferred
Do you enjoy transactional work and helping others find solutions to big challenges? Does new technology, and the legal issues it can present, excite you? Do you like building strong client relationships and working on teams? In this role you will be responsible for supporting and advising Apple's product, business development, and engineering teams on a wide variety of matters related to Apple Pay & Wallet, including feature/technology research and development, licensing, intellectual property, and regulatory proposals and compliance. You will be structuring, drafting and negotiating services, development and other technology and commercial agreements, as well as counseling clients on day-to-day legal matters including data privacy aspects. You will also work as a member of the broader legal team supporting Apple's products and services. We are looking for someone to help uphold Apple's high ethical and corporate standards, defend our intellectual property and provide the critical legal support needed for Apple's services and businesses. You'll work with some incredible people and have fun along the way. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar required