Senior Designer, Editorial Design Systems, App Store
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 23, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200166207
We've all found apps we love and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions. In 2008, the App Store launched with 500 apps. Now there are more than two million. And so we challenged ourselves: How can we offer more perspective and insight? How do we showcase the work of creative developers? How can we make the App Store a place our hundreds of millions of customers will want to visit every single day? We're hiring great people who want to help make that happen! The App Store editorial design team is searching for Senior Designer to lead the design and implementation of its editorial design systems. The ideal candidate has extensive experience at the intersection of product and editorial design-engaging and collaborating with editorial, engineering, and product teams in the process of driving and evolving editorial product features within all facets of a platform.
- Experience in interaction design and prototyping of editorial design systems
- Capture documentation and standards for design systems, patterns and components
- Create, present, evangelize and support a unified and holistic user-centered design approach and system
- Support designers and editorial teams in their use of the design system and be the UX liaison to those teams
- Be the face of UX in partnership with the design, editorial, and engineering teams
- Facilitate design reviews and offer feedback to continuously improve the work
- Ability to develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Outstanding written communications and ability to write requirements documentation, interaction design principles and patterns
- We are looking for an extraordinary and enthusiastic individual who embodies the following characteristics: - You believe that a phenomenal content experience is everyone's job. For that reason, you have led cross-functional design efforts to successfully scale design systems geared towards the people at both ends of the process-the creators and the audience. - You are instrumental in building a strong culture around audience, engagement, storytelling, content and editorial design. - You are imperative to building a strong UX organization by providing processes that have helped develop and strengthen the team - You have a strong point-of-view on the role that design plays in order to create operational efficiencies - You have the vision and expertise to create partnerships with designers and editors to evangelize the importance of design systems
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Alignment: Can galvanize a broad range of opinions around a shared and common goal and breakdown silos by facilitating a synergistic and open approach.
- Facilitation: See value in guiding others to discover solutions as their own. You are a natural teacher and can adapt your approach to fit the unique needs of your audience.
- Empathy: Bring humanity and humility to every interaction. You can identify with the personal drives of team members and partners to build meaningful connections to the work at hand.
- Systems thinking: Draw connections across programs and teams. You see how each initiative fits in the broader ecosystem, which ensures teams apply an end-to-end mentality.
- Operational savvy: Can demonstrate the business impact of scaling design systems.
Back to top