Senior Data Analyst, Cupertino
Posted: Feb 11, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200122202
For a lot of our customers, their first experience with an Apple product started with the help of knowledgeable and supported sales persons who were able to understand their needs and translate them into the perfect solution. Our organization is responsible for creating compelling training content, tools and programs to assist over 1 million sales persons across the entire world to successfully deliver those amazing experiences! Data is a critical tool we deeply rely on in order to effectively measure the success of our training and program initiatives and inform our organization about opportunities for further improvements. In order to achieve that, our team is looking for an experienced, passioned and results-oriented senior data analyst to gather, analyze, and present actionable information we can use to build more effective training content and programs. Are you an experienced professional with functional expertise in data science, intellectual curiosity, and hands-on skills to perform all aspects of data analysis - from identifying business needs to acquiring, cleaning, exploring, analyzing, interpreting and presenting actionable information? You obsess not just over the accuracy of our data, but also over what stories each piece of data tells to our team about our efforts, and where we need to go next. You will work on a diverse scope of problems where data analysis requires deep understanding of the Learning & Development world we are part of, and will also partner with Apple's Advanced Analytics team whenever our data intersects with external factors. You excel not just as individuals, but will also as team members collaborating with cross functional teams towards common goals. You are self-motivated, curious, proactive, and engaging. As a result, your recommendations will drive continuous improvement in our team's ability to create compelling content to enable consumer channel partners to sell Apple products and enrich customer lives.
- 8 years of data analytics experience in a supporting business role; preferably in Sales or Learning & Development organizations
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate massive amounts of information by using a variety of industry-standard data science techniques and tools
- Obsession for data quality and accuracy
- Solid understanding of descriptive and inferential analytics
- Able to turn data into effective insights, coupled with strong storytelling and the appropriate level of information to each partner
- Able to lead and execute analysis efforts from start to finish
- Proficiency in Tableau, Excel, and SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence mandatory
- Working coding experience with Python, SQL and UNIX shell scripts required; R a plus
- Working experience with the following Python data science tools and libraries (Pandas, Numpy, Jupyter, iPython, NLTK) required; Requests, BeautifulSoup, geopy, PySpark a plus.
- Proven experience developing data visualizations, dashboards, and reporting in Tableau required; knowledge of Python-related visualization libraries (Matplotlib, Seaborn, Bokeh, Altair) a plus
- Ambitious, with the ability to work independently, or collaboratively within a cross functional team
- Technical expertise in data mining, natural language processing, and segmentation techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking
- Able to work effectively and to flex across multiple projects within a very fast changing environment, where deadlines are tight, and priorities could change at any minute
- Quick learner and avid to challenge yourself every day - curiosity is a must!
You'll be the go-to person for all consumer and people programs data analysis projects in the Reporting & Data Insights team; You will develop familiarity with our organization's mission and strategy, as well as our team's objectives. In addition to that, you will become proficient in our data universe, and become an expert in integrating data from multiple data sources to achieve our goals. You'll work with the partners within the consumer organization (Program Managers, Instructional Designers, Content Planners and Strategists, and our Senior Leadership) to scope data and reporting requirements, and define meaningful metrics for the Channel Training & People Programs organization. You'll use a mix of reporting tools (including Tableau, BusinessObjects and Adobe Analytics), database systems (Teradata, PostgreSQL), and manual data sources (structured and unstructured), to research and identify the information needed to support your data and reporting projects. You will create, with the assistance of our Global Business Intelligence and Business Process Reengineering teams, data pipelines to transform raw data into a format usable for analysis with the use of SQL, Python, and open-sourced pipelining tools. You'll perform all aspects of data analysis and reporting - including needs analysis, data research and acquisition, data processing and cleansing, Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA), development of visualizations, reports and other data projects, and communication to partners. You will use the appropriate tools and techniques to identify trends and patterns in our data and provide insights to our organization, through the use of data mining, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, and other means. You will collaborate with Apple's Advanced Analytics team as a subject matter expert - supporting projects they will lead by integrating our data - along with other external factors - into complex models that answer some of Apple's most complex questions. You will develop compelling presentations to our partners with insights about the impact of our training initiatives by combining data with impactful visuals, narratives and storytelling. You will use your expertise in our data universe and tools to document our metrics, processes, as well as training, supporting and mentoring the development of your peers within our organization, and across the Channel Training & People Program regional teams around the world. You'll work on multiple projects with great attention to detail and deadlines, and high awareness of business priorities.
Education & Experience
Minimum of Master's degree in the Business Analytics, Finance, Statistics, or equivalent job experience
Back to top