Posted: Mar 19, 2021
Role Number: 200211958
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! We are looking for a strong candidate to join our CPU team focusing on architectural power modeling, analysis and reduction, prototyping and correlating pre-silicon expectations with post silicon measurements. In this highly visible role, you will be collaborating with multiple disciplines, with a critical impact on getting power efficient products to millions of customers quickly.
- The ideal candidate should have broad knowledge related to CPU architecture and micro-architecture, implementation, and power modeling. Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience delivering power/performance features on multiple projects
- Good understanding of commonly used CPU benchmarks
- Strong understanding of CPU or GPU architecture and micro-architecture
- Knowledge of logic design principles along with timing and power implications
- Solid C programming and Perl/Python scripting experience
- Strong CMOS design and analysis skills
- Experience using industry standard power analysis tools
- Hands-on post silicon power correlation and analysis experience is a strong plus
As a Senior CPU Power Engineer, you will have the responsibilities as follows: • Implement advanced architectural power and thermal models to inform power/performance tradeoffs • Conceive power management schemes to optimize performance within thermal, current delivery, and battery life constraints • Generate and drive new ideas in micro-architecture reduce and manage CPU power • Work with circuit, physical design, power integrity, and platform teams to optimize CPU power efficiency and usage of power management features
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science is required.