Senior Content Marketing Strategist, Apple Music
Posted: May 13, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200058715
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Apple is in search of a talented, ambitious and motivated content marketing and syndication strategist, with a minimum of 12 years of experience to join the marketing team. This person will be responsible for working cross-functionally to manage our content marketing strategy for Apple Music. This individual will help in the creation and management of a multi-platform content marketing strategy that is designed to reach potential and existing Apple Music audiences. This person will help drive cultural conversations that provide concrete reasons for consumers to dive deeper into Apple Music. This is a leadership position that will be an integral participant in the content we are creating for our Apple Music marketing campaigns. He/she will be responsible for how that content is surfaced off-platform, which marketing channels and partners we surface that content on, and why we choose to surface it there. It will be this person's responsibility to ensure that our marketing programs utilize content efficiently and effectively. Additionally, this position will be responsible for looking after how we build our amazing properties, including Beats 1, into broader Apple Music campaigns.
- 12+ years of relevant content marketing and experience, with 7+ years working on digital marketing campaigns.
- Deep understanding of the entertainment and music industry businesses preferred.
- Experience managing content and marketing production budgets.
- Highly skilled in managing consumer-first content marketing campaigns from start to finish.
- Experience in social content creation and syndication.
- Experience working with third party partners on content creation and marketing.
- Excellent relationship management abilities/strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment.
- Proven track record of meeting deadline and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions.
- Possess a "can-do" attitude for all situations, no task too big or too small to handle.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, and strong sense of professionalism.
- Ability to influence others; handle conflict appropriately, know when to delegate issues cross-cross-functionally, and when to apply common sense.
- Direct experience handling sensitive and confidential information with integrity, discretion, and upmost secrecy.
- Ability to prioritize, learn quickly, and be flexible.
- You work well under pressure, are results-oriented, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
Oversee the creation and distribution of Apple Music marketing content across the digital ecosystem. Develop and execute multi-faceted content marketing campaigns that drive acquisition, engagement and retention for Apple Music. Work cross-functionally with the rest of the music marketing team to ensure we're creating the right content, for the right channels, with the right messaging, to better support business objectives. Work hand-in-hand with stakeholders to execute on our content marketing strategy, briefing in the right teams, and acting as the DRI cross-functionally. Responsible for looking after how we build our Beats 1 platform into our broader Apple Music campaigns. Build scaleable content syndication programs that achieve our objectives, and ladder up to broader business objectives, all while also supporting our partners and creators Relationship management and tactical business development responsibilities with agencies, and third party partners. Collaboration with PR to ensure we're telling the right stories at the right times, with our content. Work in concert with the Apple Music editorial team to ensure consistency across content created for on, and off, platform. Use data to help inform content marketing strategy, program strategy, and decisions on content creation and syndication. Write creative briefs and maintain the relationship with agencies both internal and external. Manage delivery timelines and internal and external creative asset approvals.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required, with strong content marketing and analytical background.
Back to top