Senior Cellular Software Performance Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Oct 21, 2020
Role Number: 200201039
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team and drive innovation that matters! As part of the Wireless team you we will be working on building solutions for Wireless technologies. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Wireless Performance Team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple produ
- At least 5 years hands on experience with in system engineering/system performance analysis role
- Deep knowledge of 5G and LTE PHY/MAC/Protocol stack, TCP/IP
- Strong scripting experience (Python preferred, Perl)
- SW development and system design experience is a great plus.
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Excellent debugging skills
- Solid understanding of 3GPP standards
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.
Apple's Cellular Performance team is seeking talented, highly motivated and disciplined engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking cellular technologies. You will be responsible for analyzing performance issues and driving RF/L1 architectural improvements for future Apple cellular product lines with emphasis on improving the overall user experience in terms of performance. We expect you to be hands relying upon diagnostics, analytics, crowd sourced information, lab/field log analysis as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement. You will be working cross functionally with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test, QA and carrier engineering teams to drive the enhancement proposals from concept to commercialization. Development of advanced system evaluation and debugging capabilities are required on an as needed basis. As part of this team you will impact iPhone user experience worldwide.
Education & Experience
Master/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent majors
- 5+years of experience in one or more of following for cellular protocol stack relevant features on commercial UE or protocol test systems are essential: protocol feature development, test specification, test case implementation and analysis.
Back to top