Senior CAE Engineer, Product Design
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 5, 2020
Role Number: 200184651
You will be working in a Product Development environment in a truly cross functional team delivering world-leading durability for Apple products.
- 10+ years experience performing fatigue simulation or developing analytical methods in support of product design.Experience should include supporting product development all the way to production with component / module / system durability testing, trade-off discussions, development of effective design / process countermeasures to support target product performance at production volumes
- Demonstrated track record of setting and cascading durability requirements to meet product targets.
- Deep understanding of numerical methods for prediction of fatigue using finite elements, E/N & S/N fatigue methods and fracture mechanics
- Demonstrated track record of using numerical analyses to effectively provide design direction for products where reliability is a critical factor for customer satisfaction and brand perception
- Completely comfortable with summarizing detailed fatigue and strength related concepts to a product design community in order to convey design direction, particularly related to the following areas:
- Vibration fatigue
- Unit load and modal superpositionbased E/N fatigue workflows
- Fatigue assessment of joining methods especially adhesively bonded joints
- Validation of Finite Element models using uni-axial, multi-axial and fatigue test data
- Experience with instrumentation, load collection and signal processing techniques
- Techniques to accelerate physical testing.
- Must have outstanding verbal and visual communication skills
- Must have ability to deal with an incredibly fast paced environment
- Must have a passion for creating innovative, high quality products
- Must be capable and comfortable establishing best practices and contributing to the creation of an outstanding team
As a member of the Apple Product Design team, you will be responsible for setting durability targets and providing design direction to Product Design engineers so that the final product meets desired performance. You will use the latest in finite element methods and processes to that end.You will be fully integrated with the Product Design engineers from the earliest stages, analyzing and informing the design of cutting-edge products. You will also work with teams within Apple and with outside vendors to develop and perform tests to validate your analysis.
Education & Experience
Minimum BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent degree.
Back to top