Senior Art Director, Music, Media Products Design
- Culver City, CA
Posted: Dec 4, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200147980
The Apple Content team works on the most exciting part of the Apple Media experience - creating brands, artwork, and features that present content customers love. Our work appears throughout Apple Media Products such as Apple Music, Books, and TV. We are in search of an elite Senior Art Director with experience in new media, brand and editorial content design to join our team in Culver City, CA. We are looking for a visual designer, communicator and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver end-to-end design across formats and technologies; and who can collaborate well. You'll be in a creative position dedicated to shaping visual design systems and brand voice while maintaining a deep understanding of digital content curation. You're responsible for researching, crafting and executing conceptual designs based on creative briefs and partnerships with the editorial and business teams while also designing, directing, and delivering creative for curated content on the Apple Podcasts platform. You will be expected to move fluidly between crafting outstanding visual solutions yourself, and art-directing external vendors such as agencies, illustrators, and photographers.
- Must be flexible, and have the ability to adjust to design scenarios.
- Must have a strong understanding of systems design and branding strategy.
- Must have experience leading all aspects of a design team, delegating work to designers at different levels and assuring that projects of varying degrees of complexity are executed beautifully and delivered on time
- Demonstrates strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity
- Keeps up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources
- Collaborates with Creatives, Creative Producers, Business Owners and Executives to solve complex problems with simple solutions
- Has experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype their ideas across a myriad of Apple devices, experiences and scenarios
- Has a passion for cultivating relationships, managing and mentoring creatives, and can use that rapport to align teams around a vision
- Has a keen understanding of local market creative and cultural nuances
- An ability to work on team that is global, across time zones, date lines and traditional routine
- Experience and passion for music and musical talent-related content important; able to stay ahead of design trends in that industry
- Experience in Editorial design in new media. - Management experience is a must - Portfolio demonstrating modern design with a creative edge in new media. - 9+ years of proven experience in design. - Passionate about the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity. - Passion for Music and culture. - Able to recognize and stay ahead of design trends.
Education & Experience
Bachelors/equivalent experience preferred
Back to top