Senior Analog-Mixed Signal Manager
- Austin, TX
Posted: Oct 5, 2020
Role Number: 200178716
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love leading teams on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do enjoy working with multi-functional teams to deliver IP solutions for products that impacts customers' lives? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and especially talented senior analog-mixed signal manager to lead our Austin AMS design center! As the leader of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to lead a team in providing innovative AMS IP to Apple's products that will delight and inspire millions of customers! Besides managing our talented team in Austin, you will also play a very key role in driving IP architecture, design methodology, and execution of AMS IP for Apple's world-class SOCs.
- The ideal candidate should have experience with and expertise in:
- Very knowledgeable in design of common high-speed SerDes protocols (e.g., PCIe, USB, SATA, etc.), PLL designs, and sensors (e.g., temperature, clock measurement, etc.)
- Leading and managing a large team of engineers in IP development, silicon bring-up and debug.
- Solid understanding of analog CMOS designs and circuit topologies (e.g., LDOs, bandgaps, oscillators, etc.).
- Experience with high speed digital circuit design (e.g., serializer, deserializer, counters, dividers, state machines, etc.), timing analysis and verification.
- Experience in analyzing link jitter budget for high-speed serial links and crafting block level requirements a plus.
- Experience with system level signal and power integrity analysis.
- Strong knowledge in lab testing of analog-mixed signal circuits.
- Experience in leading mixed-signal development teams from initial architectural definition, specification, circuit development, layout, tapeout, silicon bringup and production ramp
- EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS DESIRABLE:
- SerDes CDR and PLL/DLL architectures and implementations.
- Experience in lab testing of high-speed serial links, PLLs, and sensors.
- Modeling of SerDes links, PLLs, calibration and adaptive loops (using C, Matlab or Python, etc.).
- Reliability and yield analysis for mass production ICs.
- Knowledge of ESD requirements.
In this role, the key responsibilities are the following: Lead and manage a team of AMS designers composed of circuit, RTL, DV, PD, layout and lab validation engineers. Own and deliver high performance SerDes, PLLs and Sensor IP for SOCs. Work closely with SOC, System, Product Engineering, EPM, etc, teams in the definition, architecture, delivery and validation of AMS IP that differentiate Apple's products. Lead the team in silicon bring-up, debug, and mass production ramp activities. Define process technology improvements/requirements with our Process Technology team to meet IP and product requirements. Drive innovations in IP development efficiency with our CAD team. Continue growth and development of our Austin design center by hiring strong engineers and leaders that can drive innovations in our IP and product roadmap, and mentor junior engineers/leaders in career development.
Education & Experience
MSEE with 16+ years of related experience or PhD with 12+ years relevant experience. At least 6 years leading large teams. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top