Semiconductor Development Engineer - Camera Hardware
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 5, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200184422
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. As a key member of the Camera Sensing Devices team, you will be working on the development of our next generation test solutions.
- Strong background in semiconductor lasers: VCSEL, VECSEL or EEL.
- Hands-on experience in a wafer fab, and thorough understanding the design, process, test and packaging of laser products.
- Capability of driving the development of optical, electrical and mechanical subcomponents, and the integration of complex testing solutions
- Familiarity with international standard for EMC and laser safety compliance
- Proficiency with statistical data analysis tools (C, Python, JMP, etc.)
- Proficiency with Zemax or LightTool
- You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with coherence engineering in laser systems is a big plus
- Experience working with international teams is a big plus
As the main contributor, develop Apple's next generation production testing solution for new laser products Work closely with component engineers for DFM (Design for Manufacturability) and DFT (Design for Testability) Prototype at optical bench-level, with off-the-shelf illumination sources (LEDs, lasers), and a variety of free-space optical elements (lens, ND filers, motorized stages, actuators, etc.) Perform daily interaction with subcomponent suppliers, and the final system integrator, from inception through the full qualification of the tester. Provide written documentation of procedures, setups, and experimental results, with strong attention to detail CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Device Process, Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Process Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art camera solutions 20~30% international travel expected.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. in Optics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering, with 2-7 years industry experience preferred.
Back to top