Posted: Jul 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200203356
Embedded within Apple's Security Engineering & Architecture organization, the Secure Design team's mission is to ensure that everything we ship to our customers is secure. We believe that when it comes to building the world's most secure operating systems, collaboration is key. We're looking for a talented and inspired individual to join our group of security engineers to attack Apple's products before they ship, with the goal of better safeguarding our users. You'll become part of an exceptional team focusing on securing Apple's platforms at every layer: hardware and firmware, the kernel and core runtime, and applications. Working with some of the best engineers in the world, your influence will have a direct positive impact on the security of Apple's extraordinary products, including iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. From consulting on both hardware and software, auditing code and reviewing designs, the job is as diverse as it is critical. This position requires someone with strong technical abilities and a passionate desire to secure systems by showing how they can be broken. We design and secure software for hundreds of millions of users. We make products that people LOVE. We are committed to user privacy and security. We have some of the most creative, passionate, hardworking engineers in the industry. We challenge each other to go beyond the norm to find new, innovative ways of solving problems and to make software safer, easier, and more fun to use. Not many jobs can offer all of these things. Security engineering jobs at Apple do, and much more.
- Passionate about keeping Apple's customers safe
- Motivated by pursuing difficult and novel problems in a highly complex environment
- Excellent at multitasking, organizing, and prioritizing complex projects to meet deadlines
- Highly reciprocal and an excellent communicator
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Listens for nuances and digs into details to understand systems deeply
- Influences and collaborates with colleagues (engineering teams) and decision makers to develop secure solutions and to accomplish security goals
- Keeps up to date with new security technologies and methodologies
You will be a technical specialist responsible for securing new products that Apple ships to its customers. Work cooperatively with other parts of Apple on a broad range of technologies and initiatives to enhance security. Design new and innovative ways of increasing security and privacy while preserving ease-of-use and increasing the quality of the user experience. Work with engineers to analyze systems, threat model new features, identify security vulnerabilities in implementation, and recommend security controls to ensure customer protection. Evangelize and drive the adoption of these technologies across the organization. Lead ground breaking security efforts at a scale only found at Apple.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters/PhD in Computer Science or Engineering with an emphasis in Computer Security or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Preferred Experience:
- * Security architecture and design reviews
- * Threat modeling
- * Background in secure coding and code auditing
- * Proficiency in either macOS, iOS, or other flavors of UNIX
- * Programming background, in C, C++, Objective-C, and/or Swift
- * Understands security engineering, software delivery, and SDLC
- * An understanding of past, current, and emerging security exploit types
- * Security engagement and collaboration with engineering teams