Sales Operations Manager - Education, Government & Health
- Austin, TX
Posted: May 7, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200170549
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple's Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. We are, in many ways, the face of Apple to our customers. The US Sales Operations team is seeking an experienced Sales Operations Manager to increase productivity of our Education, Government & Health teams through improved sales processes, business analytics and tools.
- Relevant experience in working on, and managing teams charged with data and process excellence, and tools initiatives that support Sales Operations for a large organization.
- The keen ability in understanding complex data models, BI methodologies, data architecture principles, master data and metadata.
- A deep understanding of operational processes, systems and data, end to end across sales & operations; Forecasting, Pipeline management, Account management, Sales performance etc.
- Extensive, and proven track record in analytics and problem-solving, with experience working on, and leading large-scale data systems initiatives passionate about delivering short, and long-term revenue goals.
- Demonstrate ability leading sales planning and business operations; or similar experience in finance or analytics functions.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with the ability to filter and distill relevant information for audiences at all levels of the organization.
In this role you will drive sales initiatives. You will manage a team responsible for optimizing sales output, establishing and serving up data models and performance indicators aimed at increasing efficiency and data quality across a multi-billion-dollar business. You will drive the development of "self-serve" analytics tools and data products to enable insights and discovery at lightning speed and scale. You will represent Sales Planning and Operations on all aspects of the design and development of a data strategy, reporting, business intelligence and tools for the US Sales organization. You will partner with global teams to define capability roadmaps, driving improvements for the organization, and the use of systems and data to align with business strategy that enable predictable, repeatable processes. You will represent sales initiatives on governance forums such as steering committees. Responsibilities will include: •Identifying requirements that meet the vision for business data and tools strategy. •Developing and scaling business teams that will include data analysts, cross functional business SMEs and direct resources. •Building positive relationships and consulting with cross functional, regional business partners and team members within Sales, Sales Finance, IT and Operations. •Negotiating and influencing priorities between multi-functional teams and making adjustments where needed while still working towards OneApple. •Working in a dynamic environment looking beyond daily demands to identify future transformational possibilities. •Establishing a solid partnership with in house IS&T by demonstrating a deep understanding of the solution design lifecycle and delivery methodology. •Partnering with technical teams to build scalable data architecture to support reporting, visualization, dashboard and tools development. •Influencing decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer- focused approach by encouraging relationships and establishing your brand as a trusted advisor, representing the business. •Leading and ensuring business readiness practices are anchored and guarantee successful implementation and user adoption of new capabilities for process, systems and tools. •Designing and maintaining key project governance to ensure the proper resources and SMEs are applied for project success. •Proactively identify, highlight and drive issues to mitigate business risks.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Back to top