Posted: Nov 1, 2018
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200006802
Apple is looking for talented, dedicated, and results-oriented robotics engineers to join our team and work together on exciting technologies for complex autonomous systems. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with a multi-functional team on an innovative multi-platform hardware/software product.
- Experience developing state estimation algorithms for localization, mapping or SLAM applications
- 3+ years experience developing and integrating with multi-sensor real-time systems
- Very strong C++ development skills
- Experience with Python and developing in the Linux and/or Mac OS environment
- Excellent understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Strong social and verbal/written/presentational skills. This includes working with peers, managers, and multi-functional teams
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and follow through to task completion despite roadblocks or distractions
- Ability to adjust priorities with technical expertise and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
You will develop, deploy and scale sophisticated autonomous algorithms, and lead the integration and test of software releases on a large robotics system. You will also review system performance, triage and fix issues, and identify improvements to the current system. We search people that have the relevant experience, a good attention to detail, an aptitude for learning new skills, and enjoy working in teams to achieve common goals.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in robotics, engineering, computer science, or equivalent professional experience. Alternatively, a comparable industry career with consistent track record of successful projects. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top