RF/SOC Chip EM Design/Simulation CAD Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 21, 2020
Role Number: 200181553
As a senior member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and enhance design and simulation flows and methodologies for inductance extraction, modeling, and ElectroMagnetic (EM) simulations at block, chip, and package level! This role requires the candidate to work with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for different tool sets. Working on a small CAD team, you can expect to be interfacing with the Analog/RF circuit designers, layout team, package, technology team, and 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive and coordinate effort of developing, validating, and bringing up EM methodologies and flows, enhancing EM solutions and analyzing results!
- Deep understanding of Analog/RF simulation, extraction solvers with emphasis on electro magnetic algorithms and solutions.
- Proficient in CAD flow development, efficient programming skills in languages like: Perl, Python, TCL, Shell, SKILL, C/C++, etc.
- Ability to provide automations for rapid and dynamic needs from transistor level, chip, package, and board designs.
- Understanding and practical experience in simulation global on-chip interconnects and resolving Signal Integrity issues. Knowledge in Transmission Lines theory and Modeling.
- Working experience in RF design beyond graduate school studies and exposure to industry.
- Strong fundamentals in 2D/3D EM simulation tools.
- Practical usages of one of the following tools: HFSS, Clarity, Helic/VeloceRF, EMX, Lorenz Solution - PeakView, Q3D, VRF, Momentum, ADS or other EM solvers.
- Experience in evaluating EM simulation related CAD tool/product application, and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of signal and power integrity issues preferred.
- Experience with Physical verifications tools for LVS and ERC checks is an advantage, including exposure to DRC rule checks to spot RF/EM issues.
- Knowledge on circuit design, Virtuoso framework, extraction tools, SPICE simulations, keySight ADS/goldengate is a plus.
- Knowledge in revision control Perforce and/or regressions is preferred.
- Experience in evaluating simulation and environment related CAD tool/product applications.
- Candidate should be a great teammate with good written and verbal communication skills, and able to with cross-functional teams.
- Develop and support automated RFIC CAD flows and scripts - Integrate EM solutions into main stream RF design flows - Internal design customer support and enablement
Education & Experience
Master or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
Back to top