RFIC Layout Engineer
Posted: Apr 16, 2019
Role Number: 200053459
The wireless RFIC team architects, designs, and validates radio transceivers integrated into complex wireless SoCs. Our transceivers have powered wireless connectivity solutions for Apple wearable products, enabling the smallest form factor at the lowest power envelope. You will have the opportunity to do innovative development in transceiver design while working closely with systems and product teams at Apple. Layout is an integral part of Analog circuit / RF design. We are searching for passionate and self-motivating layout engineers to join the team. You will work closely with RFIC designers to layout and verify custom RF and Analog IP for complex SoC products. Would you like take up the challenge to create future connectivity solutions at Apple?
- Hands-on experience in custom RF/analog layout with working knowledge on deep sub-micron CMOS (28nm and lower preferred)
- Knowledge on layout techniques for matching, isolating and shielding of signals and devices, minimizing of parasitics, and routing of high frequency lines
- Understanding of CMOS device structures, LDE and DFM effects, EMIR and RC delay analysis, and coupling of signals.
- Ability to recognize and resolve failure prone circuit and layout structures.
- High proficiency in Cadence and Mentor Graphics layout / verification tools and interpretation of verification reports.
- Team play spirit with excellent communication skills to work with various teams in the company.
As a RF Layout Engineer you will be responsible for: • Detailed transistor level layout of RF / analog circuit blocks such as LNA, Mixers, PLL, LO generation, Modulators, Power Amplifiers, ADC / DAC, Baseband Filters, Bandgap / Bias / LDO, etc. • Block level and top-level layout integration through full verification flow including DRC, LVS, DFM checks and extractions. • Collaborate with design team on block and top-level floor planning. • Layout review of device placement, routings of power, ground, signals and differential lines, and checking of electro-migration, signal path and signal coupling. • Top-level layout integration and verification, and schedule management.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top