RFIC Design Engineer
Posted: Oct 30, 2018
Role Number: 200002856
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As an RFIC design engineer, you will be at the center of a wireless SoC design group. You will have a critical impact on getting Apple's state-of-the-art radios into hundreds of millions of products.
- Typically requires at least MS + 4 years of experience or a PhD in the area of RF/Analog IC design with advanced CMOS technology nodes.
- Deep understanding of RFIC circuit design. Direct tape-out experience with one or more of the following blocks: RF front-end circuits, PA, LNA, mixer, oscillator, PLL, LO, VGA, filter, TIA and/or other baseband analog blocks in deep sub-micron CMOS technology.
- Deep understanding of analog design concepts such as analysis of noise, linearity, mismatch, stability and other analog impairments.
- Deep understanding of CMOS device physics, RF device modeling, device noise parameters, inductor modeling.
- Insights into packaging effects, supply isolations, high frequency ESD structures, and circuit layout for optimum RF performance.
- Familiarity with various RF transceiver architectures and their trade-offs, as well as calibration methods used for different RF transceiver architectures.
- Familiarity with Cadence Virtuoso, Spectre RF, EMX and similar tools.
- Understanding of system specifications and ability to work with system architects to translate system requirement into circuit requirement at IC level.
- Experience in Si characterization and debug.
As a RF IC design engineer, you will be a key member of a small RFIC team, researching, designing and bringing the next-generation wireless SoCs into high-volume production at advanced CMOS technology nodes. Responsibilities include: - Design of analog and/or RFIC blocks. - Overseeing the layout and verifying the design to ensure a successful tape-out. - Testing the design and debugging the issues that may arise from early development stages through productization. - Working with the system group to define the requirements for RF and baseband blocks based on the system requirements. - Working with the technology team to understand the capabilities and limits of the technology node to achieve the optimum performance.
Education & Experience
MSEE required; PhD preferred.
Back to top