RFIC ATE Test Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 31, 2020
Role Number: 200145259
The wireless RFIC team architects, designs, and validates radio transceivers integrated into complex wireless SoCs. Our transceivers have powered wireless connectivity solutions for Apple wearable products, enabling the smallest form factor at the lowest power envelope. You will have the opportunity to do innovative development in transceiver design while working closely with design and test teams at Apple. In this role, you will be part of an RFIC design team and perform test, debug and measurement for RF SOC IP. Would you like to join us and become part of this dynamic team?
- We want you to have at least 7+ years' experience in RF test development, debug, and reporting.
- Working knowledge of RF test equipment (network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal analyzer, vector signal generator, etc.)
- Experience in ATE test definitions, correlation and analysis.
- Experience in silicon qualification tests (HTOL, ESD, latch-up)
- Scripting and debugging knowledge in any of the following: Python, Perl, TCL, C++, or equivalent
- Strong RF background and familiarity with RF systems fundamentals
- Good knowledge on RF, PLL, and general wireless systems measurements (i.e. IP3, NF, ACPR, phase noise, lock time, etc.)
- Some experience of RF PCB board design, debug, and development
- Exposure to RFIC design and simulation/verification
-Run bench test and debug of RF SoC IP including transmitters, receivers, PLL, power amplifiers, ADC/DAC, crystal oscillators, and PMU. -Write scripts using a build up environment in order to automate measurements and calibrations. -Collaborate with ATE teams in transferring bench tests and calibrations to ATE environment -Perform bench to ATE correlation and create reports -Analyze ATE test reports -Perform RF system characterization measuring EVM, spectral mask, phase noise, sensitivity, and other radio parameters. -Design external matching networks to optimize Tx/Rx radio performance. -Collaborate with RF systems and integration teams on RF board layout, test interface methodology and programming sequence, and RF calibration programming.
Education & Experience
BSEE required, MSEE preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top