RF Test Engineering Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 14, 2020
Role Number: 200167948
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! As an Engineering Program Manager for the Wireless Systems & Compliance Engineering team, you will utilize your Program / Project management skills and have significant responsibility for driving multiple RF test-related projects that are critical to timely, successful release of Apple products. This is an individual contributor role. The teams that the EPM will support have responsibility for ensuring that Apple products meet RF performance specifications and align with government and industry regulations. The team's responsibilities include direct testing of products with RF features as well as testing to assess potential RF degradation due to interaction with accessories. To ensure RF compliance, testing is done with a range of equipment specialized for RF test and setups, including conducted RF test stations, anechoic and semi-anechoic chambers as well as custom designed setups in indoor and outdoor environments. Testing is performed locally in the Bay Area as well as in other locations such as China. The test setups include instrument and robotics automation, as needed.
- Typically requires 5+ years of experience in a technical role related to the RF test field.
- 2+ Years Technical Program or Project Management.
- Experience working in a dynamic engineering environment and real-time crisis management skills.
- Strong desire to own/drive project development using well defined metrics.
- Knowledge of 3GPP RF test specifications is a plus.
- Experience with RF test equipment is a plus.
- General knowledge of cellular standards including WCDMA, LTE and 5G is a plus.
- General knowledge of WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS is a plus.
- Candidate must have experience with disciplined issue reporting, bug tracking, and communication of program risks & status.
- Candidate should be able to participate in technical discussions related to RF testing with the cross-functional teams.
• Drive technical issue resolution to enable timely readiness of RF testing facilities and related equipment. • Partner with Apple Facilities to plan, procure and coordinate build-out of RF test facilities. • Lead all aspects of multiple parallel projects. • Work together with RF test engineers and technicians to develop plans for indoor (test chamber) and outdoor (field) testing Apple products, including iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch among others. • Coordinate and drive build-readiness reviews. • Lead specification reviews and the spec sign off process. • Collaborate with System EPMs to coordinate regulatory testing within the timeline for product MP release. • Work closely with factory teams to enable RF testing in development and mass production. • Attend and drive technical sessions with suppliers/design partners to track and follow-up blocking issues.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline
Back to top