RF Test Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 23, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200145881
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 3-5 years of technical experience in RF Test or RF Product Engineering, preferably in high-volume consumer device manufacturing
- Excellent understanding of wireless electronic manufacturing, assembly and test processes, and hands on experience with failure analysis.
- Broad range of experience on technology (WiFi, Cellular, 5G), hardware (XCVR, PA, Antenna) and test methodology (Conducted, OTA, parametric)
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data interpretation/analysis, GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deploy project and lead people when dealing cross functionally and with external vendors
- 25-30% international travel required
With the impressive growth of iOS and Mac business we are creating new opportunities for individuals to work on the most exciting new products at Apple. The Operations Test Engineering team is seeking an individual with strong RF skills with a focus on product and test engineering. You will actively engage with the Hardware, Software Design and various Operations teams in Apple. IN THIS ROLE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: - Working with HW/SW design and test development teams to ensure the test equipment / processes required for production meet the Apple standards for high-volume manufacturing - Provide technical and product expertise to regional test teams as part of planning and execution of NPI at Apple's global manufacturing sites - Actively identify test related readiness, issues and optimizations throughout the product lifecycle and work towards expedient resolution - Conduct detailed failure analysis and drive issue resolutions as well as close potential test gaps and correlations issues throughout the supply and manufacturing chains. - Prepare and present concise weekly TE program status updates to executive teams and lead the standardization and optimization effort of test coverages. - Own the optimization and improvement of test methodologies to enhance operational efficiency in production, ensure product quality and minimize cost
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical / Electronic Engineering background with an emphasis in either EM/Antenna, RF Analog Design, or Communications Systems
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top