RF Test Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 7, 2020
Role Number: 200059105
The wireless RFIC team architects, designs, and validates radio transceivers integrated into complex wireless SoCs. Our transceivers have powered wireless connectivity solutions for Apple wearable products, enabling the smallest form factor at the lowest power envelope. You will have the opportunity to do innovative development in transceiver design while working closely with systems and product teams at Apple. In this role, you will be part of an RFIC design team and perform test, debug and measurement for RF SOC IP. Would you like to join us and become part of this dynamic team?
- Typically 5+ years' experience in RF test development, debug, and reporting
- Scripting and debugging knowledge in any of the following: Python, Perl, TCL, C++, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of RF test equipment (network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal analyzer, vector signal generator, etc.)
- Strong RF background and familiarity with RF systems fundamentals
- Good knowledge on RF, PLL, and general wireless systems measurements (i.e. IP3, NF, ACPR, phase noise, lock time, etc.)
- Some experience of RF PCB board design, debug, and development
- Exposure to RFIC design and simulation/verification
We expect you to be responsible for the following: - Run bench test and debug of RF SoC IP including transmitters, receivers, PLL, power amplifiers, ADC/DAC, crystal oscillators, and PMU. - Debug chip level or board level desense and EMI issues. - Write scripts using a build up environment in order to automate measurements. - Perform RF system characterization measuring EVM, spectral mask, phase noise, sensitivity, and other radio parameters. - Design external matching networks to optimize Tx/Rx radio performance. - Generate RF design/verification/test report. - Collaborate with RF system and integration teams on RF board layout, test interface methodology and programming sequence, and RF calibration programming. - Synchronize radio register settings between simulation environment and test environment.
Education & Experience
BSEE required, MSEE preferred.
Back to top