RF Systems Hardware Engineer
Posted: Mar 12, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200044242
The successful candidate will take responsibility for multi-radio co-existence performance evaluation and data analysis on a wide variety of projects for various wireless technologies including WiFi, BT, GPS and Cellular, in order to optimize overall system performance. A strong RF hardware and system design background is preferred for this role.
- Solid understanding of and experience in RF hardware and system design
- Working knowledge of EM and antenna theory inside portable wireless devices, including proper grounding, isolation, and desense mitigation techniques
- Experience and understanding in RF component characteristics and behavior
- Experience with performing sensitivity tests in a radiated OTA environment
- Able to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental modifications to intricate hardware
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with RF lab equipment including power meters, spectrum analyzers,
- vector signal generators/analyzers and oscilloscope.
- Technical reporting, presentation and communication skills.
- Some level of experience with current and upcoming RF Standards is favorable.! Experience with Wireless Co-Existence schemes is a plus.
- Ability to travel frequently to international sites, factory travel is expected to be 20% Energy and drive to thrive in start-up environment.
The candidate would be tasked with defining multi-radio co-existence test requirements and methodology, design and implement test systems, debug and resolve issues, and manage the process to ensure our products meets all co- existence performance specifications. This includes implementing test stations at the factory to gather statistics, screening devices for coexistence performance, and mock-up and proposal of design changes to resolve any issues found. Frequent international travel to factory sites should be expected. The candidate would also be tasked with understanding all applicable wireless technologies (such as IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth, GPS, GSM, UMTS, CDMA and LTE) and industry standard (such as 3GPP, WiFi Alliance, IEEE, and Bluetooth SIG) in relation to our products. The candidate will work closely with internal and external engineering groups (such as RF Design, Electrical, SW, ATE, and Antenna engineers) to debug multi-radio co-existence issues and provide improvement recommendations. The candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and a team player. Must have experience working in a laboratory environment that includes RF testing and test result presentation. Strong communications, organizational skills, and the ability to multitask across various disciplines and tasks are a must.
Education & Experience
This position requires a BS in Electrical Engineering with 3 years or above of relevant work experience or an MS in Electrical Engineering with 1 year or above of relevant work experience.
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top