RF Systems Hardware Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 10, 2019
Role Number: 200067876
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product.
- Solid understanding of and experience in RF hardware and system design
- Working knowledge of EM and antenna theory inside portable wireless devices, including proper grounding, isolation, and desense mitigation techniques
- Experience and understanding in RF component characteristics and behavior
- Experience with performing sensitivity tests in a radiated OTA environment
- Able to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental modifications to intricate hardware
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with RF lab equipment including power meters, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators/analyzers and oscilloscope.
- Technical reporting, presentation and communication skills.
- Some level of experience with current and upcoming RF Standards is favorable.! Experience with Wireless Co-Existence schemes is a plus.
- Ability to travel frequently to international sites, factory travel is expected to be 20% Energy and drive to thrive in start-up environment.
The candidate would be tasked with defining multi-radio co-existence test requirements and methodology, design and implement test systems, debug and resolve issues, and manage the process to ensure our products meets all co- existence performance specifications. This includes implementing test stations at the factory to gather statistics, screening devices for coexistence performance, and mock-up and proposal of design changes to resolve any issues found. Frequent international travel to factory sites should be expected. The candidate would also be tasked with understanding all applicable wireless technologies (such as IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth, GPS, GSM, UMTS, CDMA and LTE) and industry standard (such as 3GPP, WiFi Alliance, IEEE, and Bluetooth SIG) in relation to our products. The candidate will work closely with internal and external engineering groups (such as RF Design, Electrical, SW, ATE, and Antenna engineers) to debug multi-radio co-existence issues and provide improvement recommendations. The candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and a team player. Must have experience working in a laboratory environment that includes RF testing and test result presentation. Strong communications, organizational skills, and the ability to multitask across various disciplines and tasks are a must.
Education & Experience
This position requires a BS in Electrical Engineering with 5 years or above of relevant work experience or an MS in Electrical Engineering with 3 year or above of relevant work experience.
Back to top