RF System Engineering Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 13, 2020
Role Number: 200207335
In this leadership role, you will be responsible for leading a RF system engineering organization to specify, develop and validate state-of-the-art wireless silicon for application in Apple's products.
- At least 10 years of industry experience in RF system engineering.
- At least 5 years of engineering management experience, including prior leadership of RF system engineering team(s).
- Extensive technical background of one or more of the following:
- RF system engineering, including familiarity with RF transceiver architectures, line-up analysis and performance budgeting and simulation.
- Working knowledge of RFIC architecture, design concepts and techniques.
- Familiarity with key RF performance metrics (e.g. NF, IP2, IP3, dynamic range, EVM, ACLR, etc...) and the tradeoffs involved in practical approaches to achieving high performance.
- Familiarity with wireless standards, such as those found in IEEE 802.11, 802.15, Bluetooth or 3GPP.
- Familiarity with system validation methods and test equipment.
- Working understanding of communications theory and signal processing algorithms.
- Working understanding of digital architecture principles.
- Excellent organizational skills, including experience managing RF system teams.
- Excellent communications skills - both written and oral.
- Experience with executive communication is a plus.
Overall leadership of an RF system engineering organization responsible for development and delivery of new wireless silicon for future Apple products. Develop complete RF specifications governing silicon and module-level designs, working with partner teams in Platform Architecture, Product Systems, PHY Algo Systems and RF Design. Develop innovative RF architectures to achieve best-in-class performance, power and area. Introduce RF system features with digitally enhanced innovations. Produce RF line-up specifications in close collaboration with the RF design team to guide the development of new radio designs. Develop and maintain infrastructure for system-level simulation and system verification to ensure first-time design success. Validate silicon and drive any required revisions to achieve compliance with all RF system specifications to meet full system performance. Support the delivery of new wireless technologies to the Product Systems teams.
Education & Experience
Back to top