RF Software Automation Engineer
Posted: Feb 4, 2020
Role Number: 200033994
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Are you ready to join the RF Design group?
- Basic Knowledge of one or more wireless standards. Including Cellular (2G/3G/4G/5G), WiFi, and BT
- Familiarity of RF Front-end components and the techniques for performing proper measurements of PAs, LNAs, switches, filters, and oscillators
- Strong SW programming fundamentals (in C/C++, Python, or others)
- Knowledge of basic RF test equipment including spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and callboxes is highly preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, challenging, and collaborative team environment
As the RF Design Automation Engineer, you will work across multiple RF Technologies, including Cellular, mmWave and WLAN/BT. You will develop test systems on OS X to evaluate and characterize the multiple radio subsystems and their component building blocks that will be used to build the next generation of iPhones, iPads, and other Apple wireless products. You will play an integral part of the wireless hardware design team in order to support the product design cycle through the tools you deliver. Your core responsibilities will include designing OOP-based RF Automation tools for RF Front-end Characterization (EVM, ACLR, Sensitivity, PER, Power Consumption) and engaging with vendors and internal designers to define new automation solutions. You will also participate in code/architecture reviews and bring-up of initial prototypes to bootstrap automation facilities.
Education & Experience
BSEE or equivalent degree is required; MSEE or PhD is desired
Back to top