RF OTA Systems Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 5, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200129551
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day. The Apple OTA System Engineering team is looking for a wireless system engineer to work on radiated system characterization across different cellular technologies for Apple's wireless products.
- You have working experience with antenna design/tests, antenna and wave propagation, anechoic chambers and radiation performance evaluation like TRP & TIS
- Working experience with different lab equipment: network analyzers, signal generators, signal analyzers, call boxes (i.e. CMW), channel emulators
- Experience with different wireless communication systems such as GSM/ GPRS/EDGE/LTE, 5G mmWave, etc. including the corresponding system level specifications (e.g. ETSI 51.010, 51.05...) is important
- Experience with carrier/ industry conformance radiated performance requirements like 3GPP, PTCRB, CTIA, ETSI, etc
- Excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal
- Programming skills in C, C++ would be a plus
You will create and execute detailed test plans for antenna performance evaluation, provide feedback to the design engineers for performance optimization, create test reports, and lead the radiated tests for type approval and certification. Also, you will create test plans to qualify and quantify different modulation schemes as required depending on the wireless communication system being designed. You will be studying new system level features and working closely with HW and antenna engineers to come up with comprehensive test strategies to evaluate them. You will also be making recommendations to cross-functional teams on resolving wireless system issues including but not limiting to baseband algorithms and RF/Antenna systems.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree with 4 + years' experience required Masters Degree with 2+ years' experience preferred
Back to top