Posted: Oct 8, 2021
Role Number: 200201808
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers! Apple's RF Systems Engineering Team is looking for a hardworking, ambitious engineering lab manager responsible for supporting a large engineering team (70+ people) along with the care and upkeep of multiple engineering lab spaces.
- You have expertise in RF lab setup, RF lab management and improvement; and managing an engineering lab space
- You have experience crafting, assembling and calibrating RF test fixtures and RF jigs
- You have a background in procuring and keeping inventory of RF electronic parts, tools, and laboratory consumables
- You have solid understanding of Mac OSX and Windows OS, MS Office, and TCP/IP networking
- Hands-on experience with electro-mechanical lab equipment: multi-meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, microscope, etc. is beneficial
- You have flexibility and amenity working in a constantly evolving environment
- You have meticulous organizational skills
- You have strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Experience with managing small or large scale projects is a plus
As RF Lab Manager, you will be focusing on the building, maintaining, and operating of our RF engineering labs. As the point-of-contact for RF engineering lab-related activities, you will be forecasting and procuring materials for engineering needs and inventory control, handle inventory of hardware components, equipment, products, and other supplies, and procure spare parts, and supplies to ensure all supplies are stocked and available when needed. You will be leading engineering lab day-to-day operations including lab organization, lab space access and security, and safety protocols. You will be engineering alignment to safety, regulatory, and quality requirements as needed to maintain compliance with lab certifications and local requirements. You will be organizing the lab layout and moving tools, equipment, and inventory as required for optimum performance. You will be performing lab asset management duties including storing specialized development hardware, leading vehicle use for transporting equipment between lab spaces, maintaining instrument calibrations, servicing laboratory equipment, and handling equipment and asset database. You will be training engineers on specialized equipment usage, lab practices, and safely working within the lab environment. You will be collaborating with engineers on new equipment designs, installation, and operation. You will be analyzing and optimally communicating lab related issues, and make recommendations for next steps in lab tools and infrastructure. You will also be planning for new locations and spaces accounting for team growth budgeting. You will be working with various equipment and services both multi-functional and external vendors.
Education & Experience
4+ years of relevant experience is a must. College degree or it's equivalent in a technical or vocational training is preferred